Cities to Visit in Australia

I received an email from my friend Alan about a city he is going to be visiting soon to see some of his family.  The name was cool, Toowoomba so I thought I'd look it up.  It sounds very Aboriginal.   I found a nice website that has great pictures of the city and some interesting information.  www.toowoomba.org  



I also did a search on google as this is my first place to find great pictures and the results showed Toowoomba as the Garden City.


I checked out the Parks and Gardens and there are more than 200.  The name Toowoomba is thought to have originated from the Aboriginal meaning "The Swamp" and the place was settled back in 1827.  It sounds like September is a beautiful time of year and they have an annual street parade with a Carnival of Flowers.  Would be a fun place to take photos of all the different types of flowers and see the pretty landscape.  As per my son, we always have thought of Australia as being dry and sandy and we are finding out that it is lush and green.  I guess that is what research and exploring is all about - Discovery!
0 Responses
abcs